2005-10-29

Take It Out on the Movie Guy

It appears as if working 60 hours a week is starting to take its toll. I haven't been properly healthy in a month as this flu keeps finding new ways to make my life fun, from roaring headaches to running noses to infected eyes to hoarse throats to coughing fits to twisted stomachs to complete exhaustion. And if anybody can tell me why during the day I can close my eyes and fall asleep standing up but can't for the life of me fall asleep at night, I would greatly appreciate it.

The video store was a complete gong show tonight. It seems that everybody was having problems and decided it would be a great idea to take it out on the movie guy. On the other hand, my manager and I, who I've worked with for seven or eight months, had our first conversation tonight where I felt she was actually listening and responding with actual answers. We confronted my disappearing act last May where I took off for four months with no notice and talked about what was going to happen next. Turns out she's leaving to manage a new store opening in December. This will be the third time they've changed management at my store since I started there two years ago and I'm getting sick of breaking down new managers. I just got this one to like me. I guess I'll be leaving shortly after the switch anyway, so it won't affect me all too much, but still, nothing like a little continuity.

Speaking of leaving, the first real glitch, besides several overhauls in specific travel dates, in my Europe plans occured earlier this week when Mastercard denied my application for unknown reasons. I'm sure this is only one of many oncoming headaches and it's somewhat worrisome, since I really don't have that much time left to sort these headaches out, either.

This week has left me feeling beat but with a resolve I haven't had in a while. I know this weekend is going to pass all too quickly.

4 Books were burned:

Blogger David! said...

And that, good sir, is where the marijuana comes in.
Also, I have similar problems at my job.
For most of the people that call in to me, their internet not working is the straw that breaks the camel's back, as it were.
And there I am.
"Uh, uh, uh... Try rebooting."
I hope they fire me.

3:32 AM  
Blogger James said...

I was hoping they would lay me off. And then they did. And then they asked me stay. Two more months . . .

3:35 AM  
Blogger *jules said...

Here's to moving on from shoddy jobs and making weekends last longer. <3 Hang in there.

3:44 AM  
Blogger One of the many said...

Awe muffin! :p You'll make it. You're young.

11:27 AM  

Throw one on the pile

<< Home